background image background image

Help for parents studying


If you are studying and aged 20 or under at the start of your course, Care to Learn can help pay for your childcare costs while you’re learning. Care2Learn is only available for courses in England that have some public funding (including schools, school 6th forms, 6th form colleges etc.).
Call the Learner Support helpline on 0800 121 8989 for an application form and guidance notes. You must apply within 28 days of starting your course, so that your childcare provider is paid from the beginning of your course.

19+ scheme:

This is a similar scheme but for older learners. Limited funds are available from colleges to assist with childcare costs. The scheme expects that the student will make some financial contribution towards their own childcare, speak to your training provider for more information.

NHS Student Bursaries:

NHS Student Bursaries is awarded and paid to students on pre-registration health professional training courses. For more information see 

Student Finance England:

Students can apply for Tuition Fee Loans, Maintenance Loans, Maintenance Grants and Advanced Learner Loans. For full details see 

More on fees and funding