Our New Cross Nursery, based in Lewisham offers spacious and light indoor areas and a large outdoor garden where children are inspired to explore, learn and have fun.
They are looking for a pro-active, friendly and experienced Room Leader to join their team to successfully manage their dedicated room and be responsible for the implementation and delivery of high-quality childcare.
• A full and relevant child-care qualification at level 3 or above.
• Be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge and practical experience of safeguarding in an early years’ setting
• Excellent working knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted inspection framework
• Ability to motivate and effectively lead a team to enable best practice
• Excellent communication skills, team spirit and positive attitude
• The Nursery consists of baby room, toddler room and pre-school room
• Total capacity of Nursery: 69
• Opening times: 8am – 6.30pm
• Spacious rooms and large outdoor garden
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Good
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off childcare costs
• £750 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increase after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.