Title: Room leader – Pre-school Room
Qualification: Level 3 Child Care
Salary: £20,899.72 – £21,536.20
Location – 58-61 St Michaels Street, London, W2 1QR.
Are you a current room leader looking for a new role? Are you an experienced Nursery Teacher looking to take a step above? Do you hold a full and relevant childcare level 3 qualification?
The London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is an award-winning nursey group with 38 nurseries across London. We are the UK’s largest childcare social enterprise, working to support long-term social change.
Our Micky Star Community nursery is situated in Paddington. All rooms are very large and spacious we have a baby, toddler and pre-school room and we can take up to 62 children. The nursery shares its garden with a local nursery and children’s centre as we like to work closely with the community. The librarian comes to the nursery weekly and reads stories and sings songs with the children. We also invite parents into the nursery do dialogical reading with the children in different languages.
We also offer additional discounts with GLL gym memberships.
The London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required. “
Level 3 or above Early Years Qualification
Demonstrable expertise with the age group you are applying for- baby, toddler or preschool
Age Range: 0 - 5 years
OFSTED Rating: Good
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off of childcare
• £750 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increases after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Flexible working
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.