We are looking for an Expert Room Leader to join our exceptional organisation.
Are you a Qualified Nursery Practitioner with Leadership experience?
Can you manage your team with passion and positivity?
Are you looking for a new opportunity to develop your career?
Do you hold a full and relevant childcare level 3 (or above) qualification?
Are you looking for a setting with great transport links?
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a dynamic and knowledgeable Room Leader to join our friendly team in our Gumboots Nursery.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and be able to encourage enthusiasm in their team whilst maintaining a stimulating environment for the children.
This is a great opportunity for progression and personal growth.
Role and Responsibilities not limited to:
• Responsible for the day to day running of their designated room
• To distribute staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios while supporting other rooms
• To lead the planning of age appropriate activities
• Carry out observations, be a good role model and remain professional to staff, children always
• Coaching/supporting staff
• Level 3 or above in childcare or equivalent
• At least 2 years in an Early Years setting
• Experience in leadership is essential
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of EYFS
• Observation and Assessment knowledge
• Understanding the difference between safeguarding and child protection
• Training/courses completed in management are desirable
Age Range: 3 months - 5 years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
I've been the manager at Earls Court Nursery since 2016. Our nursery encompasses the essence of the community with staff, children and families coming from different nationalities, cultures and backgrounds. We regularly involve wider family members in our activities too, such as Grandma who is a qualified yoga teacher and Daddy, who is a musician and teaches the children about musical instruments. One of my proudest moments was when our team won the Curly Wurly Award in 2018, which is given by the CEO in recognition of our team pulling together and showing solidarity. I believe that every child has the power to teach their teachers and empower them to think differently, be braver and more curious.
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
● Pay and conditions above the national average in the nursery sector
● A nurturing, fun and value-led working environment
● An award-winning staff training and development programme
● The opportunity to make a real difference to children’s lives