Title: Room leader
Salary: £19,859.72-20,496.20 per annum inc. London weighting
Are you a current room leader looking for a new role? Are you an experienced Nursery Teacher looking to take a step above? Do you hold a full and relevant childcare level 3 qualification?
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit organisation and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
We are looking for a level 3 Room Leader to join our Furze Children’s Centre Nursery team. Our Furze nursery joined the LEYF family in 2008, their last Ofsted inspection in November 2016 rated them as ‘outstanding’. Furze is a 52-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 3 rooms with 2 outdoor spaces for the children and is open 51 weeks of the year.
What do our staff say about working at Furze?
‘The Children at Furze receive a high quality service. The team I work with are highly professional and genuinely care about the children and we work well together. The people who work for LEYF have a “LEYFness” about them that is very infectious.’
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
· We would require you to have a full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above. We would require you to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS.
· To lead the evaluation, planning and delivery of the LEYF pedagogy within their room. Ensuring the learning environments, resources, activities, relationships and learning experiences are enabling all children to reach their full potential. You will observe, assess and record the children’s all-round development, protecting and promoting the safeguarding and welfare of all children.
· To plan open ended activities that promote questioning, reasoning and creative thinking skills within the pre-school room.
· To create planned, deliberate and incidental stimulus to encourage children’s curiosity and expose them to new and rich experiences.
· You will also need to understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
· We are looking for a candidate who is a team worker, uses their initiative and is passionate about child care and development.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
· LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector, you will be part of a group of 37 Nurseries with exceptional reputations across London who support each other. We have central office functions all who are there to help you run and develop your nursery to meet high quality standards.
· As a permanent member of the LEYF family you will be entitled to 50% off child care.
· 7% employer contribution pension
· 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas!
Interested? Apply now!
Age Range: 6months to 5yrs
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
I joined Furze Nursery in 2018. We place children at the heart of everything we do and ensure that their learning opportunities are fun and exciting, which is what makes LEYF nurseries so special. We also build and maintain strong partnerships with parents. My proudest achievement has been providing and maintaining a high-quality learning environment for the children. Parents in turn feel reassured when they leave their children in our care. I'd describe myself as innovative, positive, ambitious and adventurous! I believe that every child has a voice and can be empowered to learn. Every element of a child's learning is significant and every child, with the right care, can make progress.
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
● Pay and conditions above the national average in the nursery sector
● A nurturing, fun and value-led working environment
● An award-winning staff training and development programme
● The opportunity to make a real difference to children’s lives