We are looking for an exceptional Manager to lead our team at Holcroft Community Nursery in the heart of Westminster, London.
Title: Nursery Manager
Salary: £36,254.40 – £36,618.47 (inclusive of location allowance)
SEEKING EXCEPTIONAL NURSERY MANAGER
• Are you an experienced Nursery Manager seeking a new and exciting role in Westminster?
• Do you hold a full and relevant minimum childcare level 3 or above qualification?
• Does the idea of working for a well-respected and influential not -for – profit organisation sound like an interesting move?
• Are you looking for an organisation to support your career development and encourage your learning?
WHO ARE LEYF?
LEYF is the largest childcare social enterprise in the UK, we are a registered charity and not for profit organisation. Our mission is to ‘save the world one child at a time’, we do this through ensuring we provide quality education and care to children across London. We offer the highest number of free places to children from deprived backgrounds as we believe every child deserves the best to start life.
At LEYF, we have our own Pedagogy. By Pedagogy we mean leading to learn. The LEYF pedagogy is reflective of our social enterprise approach and you will be supported by our team to help you implement this.
We are passionate about developing young minds with our core LEYF values:
OUR HOLFCROFT COMMUNITY NURSERY
Our Holcroft Community Nursery joined the LEYF family in 1980 and were rated ‘outstanding’ in their last Ofsted inspection in November 2015.
The setting is based in the heart of Westminster in London and has excellent transport links. The closest underground stations are Great Portland Street, Warren Street and Regent’s Park.
The rooms at the nursery are bright and largely open plan with an outside garden area for children to enjoy and extend their learning opportunities.
Our Holcroft nursery is open 08.00-18.00, 51 weeks per year.
WHAT DO LEYF OFFER YOU?
As well as a caring and supportive organisation committed to your individual career journey, a permanent member of the LEYF family will also be entitled to:
The London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required
• You must have a full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above.
• You must have an in-depth knowledge and practical experience of leading the EYFS curriculum
• You must be able to proactively implement safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
• You must have at least 3 years management experience in a Nursery/Early Years setting
• You must be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
o HR and Performance Management Framework
o Financial and information management
o Building Relationships and working in partnership with families within the community
Age Range: 6months - 5yrs
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
I've been the manager at Holcroft Nursery since 2019 but I've been at LEYF for 20 years. Our nursery is special because it's small and has a family feel to it. Most of the children we look after are from the local area so we have a real connection to the community. My proudest moment was supporting a child with SEN to interact and engage with the other children. I'm also really proud of completing my Early Years Foundation Degree! I believe that every child is unique and deserves to be given opportunities that will support their development.
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
● Pay and conditions above the national average in the nursery sector
● A nurturing, fun and value-led working environment
● An award-winning staff training and development programme
● The opportunity to make a real difference to children’s lives