We are looking for an exceptional Nursery Chef for our Wandsworth Bridge Nursery in the heart of Fulham, London.
Title: Nursery Chef
Salary: £21,216.00 (inclusive of location allowance and dependant on
unqualified/qualified catering qualification)
• Are you an experienced Chef seeking a new and exciting role?
• Are you passionate about food, with the drive and determination needed to organise a kitchen and plan nutritional menus?
• Do you hold a minimum of a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate?
• Are you looking for an organisation to support your career development and encourage your learning?
Our Wandsworth Bridge Nursery is seeking a passionate Full Time Chef to provide nutritionally balanced meals and snacks to the children within the nursery.
We are looking for chefs with a passion for food and excellent hygiene and health and safety practices.
LEYF is the largest childcare social enterprise in the UK, we are a registered charity and not for profit organisation. Our mission is to ‘save the world one child at a time’, we do this through ensuring we provide quality education and care to children across London. We offer the highest number of free places to children from deprived backgrounds as we believe every child deserves the best to start life.
At LEYF, we have our own Pedagogy. By Pedagogy we mean leading to learn. The LEYF pedagogy is reflective of our social enterprise approach and you will be supported by our team to help you implement this.
We are passionate about developing young minds with our core LEYF values:
Our Wandsworth Bridge nursery is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ setting based in the heart of Fulham. It is a short walk away from Parsons Green underground station and is also close to Fulham Broadway, Imperial Wharf and Wandsworth Town. There are also excellent bus links.
The nursery consists of a baby, toddler and preschool room that all beautifully lead into our lovely garden area.
You will be supported by the Manager who has been with LEFY since 2009 and has been at the Wandsworth nursery since it opened in 2015!
Our Wandsworth Community nursery is open 08.00-18.00, 51 weeks per year.
As well as a caring and supportive organisation committed to your individual career journey, a permanent member of the LEYF family will also be entitled to:
• 50% off child care across all our Nurseries
• 7% employer contribution pension
• 23 days’ annual leave plus bank holiday. We also gift our LEYF family 3 days over Christmas!
• We offer additional discounts on Gym memberships.
• Access to the LEYF academy with a minimum of 7 days training throughout the year.
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which provide 24 hours telephone support
• Life Assurance
• Social Events such as Summer BBQ, LEYF Awards and New Year’s Party
The London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required
• Have previous experience of working in a kitchen, preferably working within early years.
• Holding a Basic Food Hygiene certificate.
• Being passionate about preparing fresh, balanced, nutritious meals for the babies and children in the nursery.
• Able to communicate effectively with all nurseries (customers) to ensure correct delivery of meals and snacks the meet the specific needs of children.
• Good hygiene practice is essential.
• Allergy Awareness and catering qualification is desirable.
Age Range: 3months - 5years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
I've been working for LEYF since 2009 and moved to Wandsworth Bridge Nursery when it opened in 2015. Our nursery has lovely large rooms with big windows that overlook our garden. Our staff are really caring and we've been rated Outstanding by Ofsted. I believe that every child deserves the best early years education and we strive to provide this at Wandsworth Bridge.
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
● Pay and conditions above the national average in the nursery sector
● A nurturing, fun and value-led working environment
● An award-winning staff training and development programme
● The opportunity to make a real difference to children’s lives