Our ‘Ofsted’ outstanding Carlton Hill Nursery is a beautiful grade two listed Victorian building with a huge garden area where children grow their own vegetables and fruit!
They are looking for a new member of the team to assist the Nursery chef in the kitchen. The role will involve helping to prepare nutritionally well- balanced meals whilst also supporting with general housekeeping duties to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the children.
• A Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
• Be able to demonstrate excellent hygiene practices
• Be able to understand and put in practice actions relating to children’s dietary requirements and allergies
• Ability to work successfully as part of a team and on own initiative
• The Nursery consists of two baby rooms, a toddler and a preschool room across 3 floors in a large Grade two listed Victorian building
• Total capacity of Nursery: 72
• Opening times: 8am – 6pm
• The nursery benefits from a larger than normal garden where the children enjoy growing their own fruit and vegetables!
Age Range: 0 to 5 years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off childcare costs
• £750 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increase after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.