Job Title: Early Years Practitioner
Location: 65 Philbeach Gardens, Kensington, London, SW5 9EE (Kensington and Chelsea Borough)
Salary: £18,483.72 – £19,120.20
Hours: Full time
LEYF Nurseries is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career – Find out how you can join the UK’s leading childcare social enterprise below!
Founded in 1903 the London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is the UK’s largest non-for-profit childcare social enterprise. We have been educating, caring for children and supporting families across London for over 100 years from giving free places to nearly half of our families. Why? Because we are driven by the social mission to change the world one child at a time!
About the setting:
Our Earls Court Community Nursery was open in September 2011 by the London Early Years Foundation (LEYF). In September 2015, our Earls’ Court Community Nursery was rated as ‘Outstanding by Ofsted. This nursery is a 42 place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 3 rooms with an outdoor space for the children and is open 51 weeks of the year.
About the role:
Our Earl’s Court Community Nursery is looking for inspiring early year practitioner who is passionate about nurturing a child’s growth and development by using the world around them to bring to life exceptional learning experiences for the children.
Requirement for the role:
You need a full and relevant level 2/3 childcare qualification; this may include NNEB or equivalent. Experience of working within all 3 rooms (Babies/Toddlers/Preschool) is essential. Sound understanding of both safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting is required.
LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector. Our LEYF team will support you to work per our unique LEYF Pedagogy whilst developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us. You will have access to our excellent training and development programme where you will undertake at least four professional development days minimum per year. 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas. 50% discount on childcare costs at one of our 38 London Nurseries. 7% employer contribution pension. We also offer additional discounts with GLL gym memberships.
Click apply NOW!
• The Nursery consists of baby room, a toddler and a preschool room over 3 floors
• Total capacity of Nursery: 50
• Opening times: 8am – 6pm
• The nursery benefits from a beautiful Victorian building with a homely feel with lots of bright light
Age Range: 3 months - 5 years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off childcare costs
• £750 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increase after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Flexible working
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.