New Cross Community Nursery offers a fun and exciting environment for our children to enjoy and learn in. As one of our largest settings, our Early Years Educators have fantastic resources in this spacious nursery allowing them to be creative in their activities. The Nursery has a large garden space for the children to explore and enjoy and we encourage as much outside play as possible.
Our Early Years Educators create inspiring experiences for our children, establishing a nurturing environment and encouraging bravery and curiosity in our children’s development. LEYF are advocates for high standards and imaginative teaching whilst maintaining professional attitudes and championing child-centred learning. Our Early Years educators excel in teamwork, supporting the nursery whilst it grows in to a truly fascinating setting for our children.
• The Nursery consists of baby room, toddler room and pre-school room
• Total capacity of Nursery: 69
• Opening times: 8am – 6.30pm
• Spacious rooms and large outdoor garden
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Good
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off childcare costs
• £750 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increase after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.