Our Bird in Bush Nursery joined the LEYF family in May 2014. Located along Old Kent Road, in the heat of the local community in Peckham, our Bird in Bush nursery is easily accessible by local bus routes. Our early years educators create inspiring and fun experiences for our children, creating a nurturing environment and encouraging bravery and curiosity in our children’s development. LEYF are advocates for high standards and creative teaching whilst maintaining professional attitudes and championing child-centred learning. Our early years educators excel in teamwork, supporting the nursery whilst it grows in to a truly fascinating setting for our children.
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off of childcare
• £750 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increases after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Flexible working
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.