Joining the LEYF family in 2016, Fire Station Nursery is a fantastic setting that inspires curiosity and excitement! The nursery is set in an old fire station and utilities all the possible space to make a vibrant and engaging setting. Our new educator will be able to confidently extend the children’s learning and use enjoyable and challenging activities to inspire their development. Our Fire station Nursery strives for quality and are passionate about working with parents, staff, children.
•Full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above.
•Strong knowledge of safeguarding, child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
•At least 6 months experience working in an early year’s setting
•To champion LEYF’s values and advocate our mission to save the world one child at a time.
•To encourage a supportive team atmosphere and the ability to work together in a positive and compassionate way.
•To continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others.
•To be dedicated in achieving the highest standard of education and care
•Have a passion for making a difference in their communities.
• A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
Age Range: 0 - 5 years
OFSTED Rating: Good
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off of childcare
• £750 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increases after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Flexible working
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.