We are looking for an exceptional Administrator for our Carlton Hill Nursery in the heart of Maida Vale, London.
Location: Maida Vale
Salary: £16,648.53 – £17,404.96
• Are you an experienced office administrator seeking a new and exciting role?
• Are you looking for a setting with great transport links?
• Are you looking for an organisation to support your career development and encourage your learning?
Our Carlton Hill nursery are looking for an exceptional administrator to support the whole team in ensuring the administrative duties run effectively and smoothly whilst adhering to safeguarding and data protection policies.
The ideal candidate will have good IT skills, be hardworking, pro-active and have excellent interpersonal skills along with the passion and ability of working in a busy, friendly environment.
LEYF is the largest childcare social enterprise in the UK, we are a registered charity and not for profit organisation. Our mission is to ‘save the world one child at a time’, we do this through ensuring we provide quality education and care to children across London. We offer the highest number of free places to children from deprived backgrounds as we believe every child deserves the best to start life.
Our Carlton Hill nursery is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ setting based in a beautiful grade two listed Victorian building. It is a short walk from Maida Vale station with excellent transport links.
The nursery has two baby rooms, a toddler room and a pre-school room. The nursery benefits from a larger than normal garden where the children enjoy growing their own fruit vegetables! It’s a very busy, vibrant nursery setting and can take up to 72 children.
The children are also regularly engaged with activities within the local community such as visiting the local parks, shops and the elderly homes.
Carlton Hill nursery is open 08.00-18.00, 51 weeks per year.
You will be required to work on shift patterns with other staff members depending on the nursery’s requirements.
As well as a caring and supportive organisation committed to your individual career journey, a permanent member of the LEYF family will also be entitled to:
• 50% off child care across all our Nurseries
• 7% employer contribution pension
• 23 days’ annual leave plus bank holiday. We also gift our LEYF family 3 days over Christmas!
• We offer additional discounts on Gym memberships.
• Access to the LEYF academy with a minimum of 7 days training throughout the year.
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which provide 24 hours telephone support
• Life Assurance
• Social Events such as Summer BBQ, LEYF Awards and New Year’s Party
The London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required
• Have a minimum of 2 years office administration experience
• Front of house/reception experience
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Be able to demonstrate good IT skills
• Must be a great team player with the ability and passion for working in a busy and friendly environment
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant Safeguarding and Compliance framework within a nursery setting or a willingness to learn.
Age Range: 0 to 5 years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
I've been managing Carlton Hill Nursery since 2010. Our nursery is special because we are lucky to have an amazing building and a big garden, which offers incredible learning opportunities for the children! We have loving, friendly and professional staff which is why we'd achieved our second 'Outstanding' Ofsted rating. I believe that every child should have the opportunity to develop a passion for learning in their early years, so that they can reach their full potential later in life.
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
● Pay and conditions above the national average in the nursery sector
● A nurturing, fun and value-led working environment
● An award-winning staff training and development programme
● The opportunity to make a real difference to children’s lives