The nursery routine is slightly different in each nursery, but once your child has settled in the morning and is ready to play, they will have access to a series of both planned and unplanned learning activities throughout the day.
They are also given plenty of opportunities to play with their friends and explore a range of activities. These are set out into key curriculum areas, and designed to help and encourage them to learn naturally whilst having fun.
What your child can look forward to
- A welcome breakfast on arrival
- Play time (with activities planned according to children’s interests)
- Café time (where children serve their own healthy mid-morning refreshments)
- Outdoor play (free-flow)
- Circle time (with reading and discussion on a wide range of topics)
- Language groups (to develop new vocabulary and listening)
- Sleep or quiet time
- Outings (to nearby sister nurseries, local library, museums or the park)
- Afternoon tea (often prepared and cooked by the children)
- Activities (both planned and unplanned, such as bug hunts, cooking, science experiments or role play)
- Clearing away and getting ready for home